Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Things Are Looking Up

Did you ever need a break from looking at the clutter that you are planning on organizing? Sometimes it can give you a real brain cloud! The other day I came upon something that helped revive me.

I am trying to get back to aerobic exercising and doing some yoga and stretching too. I remembered how I used to like doing inverted postures, like shoulder stands and head stands. They get all the blood out of your legs and feet and really rejuvenate your brain. Try it - it really works. Well, while up in that shoulder stand, I of course was looking at the ceiling. It was so spacious and so much more uncluttered than the floor. Other than a light fixture, it was totally clear of stuff. I enjoyed the view and upon returning to upright position, was rejuvenated enough to tackle the next item on my list. So, when that brain cloud sets in, just take a minute to look up wherever you are. The sky works even better - whether it is painted with beautiful puffy clouds like today, overcast or rainy, it is a vast expanse of uncluttered space to give you some relief.

Oh, and an added tip about your list of things to do (referring back to yesterday's blog),......I find that listing them in a time-frame where you estimate how long it may take for each task, is very helpful. You will be amazed at how much longer (or shorter) it takes you to do a task than you thought - so make a note of that for next time. That will prevent you from trying to do too many tasks in one day. It's no fun to come to the end of the day having only accomplished 3 out of 20 things on your list.

So just remember to hold your head up high, keep your chin up and enjoy the view!

Simply,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment