Friday, May 7, 2010

Inhale!

Did you ever have a vivid flashback when you caught a whiff of something that reminded you of it? Pleasant memories or not, it's amazing how a smell can take you speeding back to a moment in time. Sometimes I can even remember what I was wearing in that moment!

Aroma therapy sure works for me and it's another simple pleasure that doesn't cost a penny! Phoebe (my dog) and I enjoyed some great smells today on our walk. The magnolia blooms are beginning to open and there are fragrant flowers and bushes everywhere. At my favorite rose display I had Phoebe sit and stay on the sidewalk so I could lean over and smell them. In most cases I think the resident would be pleased that someone is enjoying the fruits of their labor. Once a woman came out to comment that she liked seeing me do it. Just don't stomp on anything precious in the flower bed and beware of dogs protecting their property.

So today, whether it means putting on another pot of coffee (better make it decaf at this time of day), sitting in a bath with some fragrant oil, stepping outside to sniff some spring flowers, or frying an onion, I hope that you can all breathe in some of your favorite aromas.

Simply,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment