Saturday, May 1, 2010

Simply Smile


I would venture to say that the one most important thing you can do for someone on a daily basis is to simply smile at them. It is a universal language, and after all, it's the merry merry month of May!

Everyone who knows me, knows that I adore babies - the littler the better. When I make eye contact with one of these little creatures, I have been known to make a fool of myself going for the big connection. When it happens, I just know it isn't faked - not by a baby, but it shines forth in a broad toothless grin that makes the whole world seem a little warmer and better! What a way to communicate with someone who doesn't speak our language yet.

Since most of us know that feeling of how it warms us when someone smiles at us, let's give that feeling away as much as we can. It doesn't cost us a thing and hey, maybe a pretend smile can change us from the outside in, so we will really feel better on the inside too and soon that smile will be genuine. Once I asked the elderly couple I know, why people always flocked around them. With all their wisdom they said, "We smile - nobody does that anymore".

So.........simply smile, in person or over the phone and who knows, maybe you'll even get better customer service!

Simply,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment