Monday, May 24, 2010

Simply Snappy Treats


I have run out of dog treats today so it's time to fire up the mixer! Here is a canine culinary delight that makes use of all the scraps of your chicken and beef (except the bones). I guess if you have been reading my blog, you have noticed by now that I don't like to waste anything! Remember to use those butter wrappers to grease your pans whenever you can. Sorry, just had to throw that in - there will be no butter wrappers in this recipe. Here's my old dog bone recipe and I will add some changes to make it quicker and easier.

For the 6 T. of drippings, I grind the gibblets or meat scraps and mix them with the chicken fat or meat drippings. Then, to make snappy treats instead of dog bones, when I form the dough, I just take portions of it and roll it into a long rope. I put it on a cookie sheet and score it with a knife so it will be easy to break into whatever size treat you want. So there you have it and now your dogs will even think you are the best cook on the block!

Simply,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment